WHAT IS PURPLE FLAG?
Purple Flag is an accreditation process similar to the Green Flag award for parks and the Blue Flag for beaches. It leads to Purple Flag status for town & city centres that meet or surpass the standards of excellence in managing the evening and night-time economy (ENTE).
It is linked to the standards that people expect from their city centres at night. Purple Flag’s methodology is based on five years of research, a dozen pilot initiatives, national and international good practices.
AIMS OF PURPLE FLAG
- To improve the experience of going to town at night
- To raise the quality and broaden the appeal
- To bring all interests together in pursuit of a common objective
- To inspire, acknowledge, and celebrate success
IT IS DISTINCTIVE
- It is from the point of view of those who visit, use and live in city centres
- It features venues, public spaces and the activities within them
- It concerns both short term vibrancy and an enduring viability
- It is a based collaborative approach, bringing together partnerships for a safer city centre
For further information on the city’s Purple Flag status, contact our Purple Flag Co-Ordinator, Ceara on 028 7136 0169 or email email@example.com.